Home Bots & Business Accenture and Mujin establish joint venture in robotics and AI

Accenture and Mujin establish joint venture in robotics and AI

by Marco van der Hoeven

Accenture and Mujin have announced the establishment of a new joint venture named Accenture Alpha Automation, focusing on integrating artificial intelligence and robotics into the manufacturing and logistics sectors. This collaboration marks aims to streamline operations and enhance data-driven management.

Accenture, a professional services company with a strong presence in digital transformation, and Mujin, specializing in intelligent robotics, have come together to leverage their respective strengths in this joint venture. Accenture holds a 70% stake in the venture, while Mujin owns the remaining 30%. The headquarters of Accenture Alpha Automation is located in the Sumitomo Fudosan Azabu Juban Building in Tokyo.

The primary objective of Accenture Alpha Automation is to automate management infrastructure in manufacturing and logistics, enabling companies to integrate and harness operational data from these sectors with their broader management data. This integration aims to facilitate faster and more effective decision-making processes and promote hyper-automation in manufacturing and logistics operations.

Mujin’s role in this venture is to bring its expertise in industrial robotics and automation. Mujin’s platform is known for allowing the deployment of industrial robotics systems without the complex settings and integration typically required. The joint venture will leverage this technology, combined with Accenture’s digital engineering and manufacturing service, Industry X, to create comprehensive solutions for clients.

Atsushi Egawa, the lead for Accenture’s operations in Japan, highlighted the critical role of manufacturing in Japan’s economy and the potential impact of this joint venture in enhancing efficiency and sophistication in both manufacturing and logistics. He emphasized the venture’s contribution to the data-driven transformation of these crucial industries in Japan.

Mujin’s CEO, Issei Takino, expressed the company’s mission to make industrial robots both intelligent and user-friendly, thereby enhancing productivity and creating new value, especially in societies facing demographic challenges like aging. Takino views the joint venture as a platform to drive a paradigm shift in manufacturing and logistics, starting in Japan and eventually expanding globally.

Furthermore, Accenture’s direct investment in Mujin through Accenture Ventures represents another layer of collaboration. This investment, the first of its kind in Asia under Project Spotlight, showcases Accenture’s commitment to engaging with and investing in companies that are at the forefront of disruptive enterprise technologies. Project Spotlight aims to assist technology companies in adapting their solutions for the enterprise market and scaling more effectively by providing access to Accenture’s domain expertise and client base.

Misschien vind je deze berichten ook interessant