Research firm Forrester has released a comprehensive survey of the international RPA Market in its Forrester Wave. In this report the researchers evaluated 14 significant RPA-vendors: Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, Cyclone Robotics, Datamatics, EdgeVerve, Hyland, Kofax, Kryon, Microsoft, NICE, Pegasystems, SAP, UiPath, and WorkFusion. UiPath has emerged a leader with the highest scores in the resulting evaluation.
The Wave examined the rapidly maturing RPA market. To assess and recognize the vendors driving the advancement of RPA, this year’s evaluation includes criteria such as bot design and development; bot deployment, management, and analytics; bot governance, platform model, and security; and supporting products and services. Participant evaluations were based on a comprehensive set of 25 evaluation criteria, grouped into three categories: Current Offering, Strategy and Market Presence. As part of Forrester’s rigorous review process, the firm also analyzed vendor surveys, conducted customer reference surveys, participated in product demos and examined expert interviews.
Some observations from Forrester:
- UiPath continues market expansion around the globe.
- Microsoft has caught up with the Leaders.
- Automation Anywhere drives human-bot collaboration.
- NICE focuses on voice- and text-analytics-related use cases.
- Kryon leads with business process discovery.
- WorkFusion targets banks and insurance companies.
- Pegasystems goes far beyond RPA for automation.
- EdgeVerve is attractive for firms seeking platform and consulting in one place.
- Blue Prism offers stable, compliant, and secure RPA.
- SAP has evolved from a contender to a strong performer.
- Hyland’s automation platform offers RPA, orchestration, and low-code.
- Cyclone Robotics enters the RPA market with fresh and innovative ideas.
- Datamatics provides a robust RPA core with elaborate governance features.
- Kofax excels at document-heavy process automation and orchestration.
UiPath earned the highest ranking in each of three categories: Current Offering, Strategy, and Market Presence. The Company also received the highest possible scores in the criteria of product vision; performance; supporting products and services; partner ecosystem; delivery model; enterprise RPA customers; enterprise customers; and product revenue.
The report noted that UiPath has “invested heavily in expanding its range of products to maximize the value that automation brings its customers.” It went on to say that UiPath “offers an enterprise-grade and innovative RPA solution augmented by a large ecosystem of partners, making it a good fit for large, global enterprises with demanding needs for support, and governance.”
According to the report, “…process mining features, collaborative discovery, assessment tools, and graphical visualizations provide all you need to analyze and track automation ROI and its realization.” It noted that “the UiPath Marketplace, shared with Microsoft, Salesforce, Workday, and others, includes over 1,000 reusable components. Embedded AI functionalities classify and extract data from unstructured, semi-structured, and structured documents and reliably scan at high speed…Security, access control, and authentication features are state-of-the-art. The open platform integrates easily with enterprise applications like Google Workplace, Microsoft Office, Oracle, Salesforce, ServiceNow, and Workday.”
The report can be found here