UiPath today announced financial results for its first quarter fiscal 2022 ended April 30, 2021. With a revenue of $186.2 million this figure increased 65 percent year-over-year.
“We had an exceptionally strong start to fiscal year 2022 with first quarter ARR growing 64 percent year-over-year to $653 million, a testament to our leadership position in enterprise software automation,” commented Daniel Dines, UiPath Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer. “We believe automation is the next layer in the software stack. Our vision is to enable the fully automated enterprise through our unique combination of UI Automation, API Management, and AI to best emulate human workers and help organizations assign all automatable work to robots enterprise-wide. Our end-to-end automation platform, flexible deployment model, and growing ecosystem of partners position us well to capitalize on the more than $60 billion market opportunity ahead of us.”
Ashim Gupta, UiPath Chief Financial Officer, added, “I am pleased with our first quarter fiscal 2022 results as we continue to execute well against our land and expand go-to-market strategy. We have experienced rapid growth and now have over 8,500 customers worldwide, including 1,105 customers with ARR of $100,000 or greater and 104 customers with ARR of $1 million or greater. Given our existing momentum, we plan to continue to invest in growth while maintaining operational rigor as we run our business.”
Fiscal First Quarter 2022 Financial Highlights
- ARR of $652.6 million increased 64 percent year-over-year.
- Revenue of $186.2 million increased 65 percent year-over-year.
- GAAP gross margin was 74 percent.
- Non-GAAP gross margin was 88 percent.
- Cash flow used in operations was $(17.5) million.
- Non-GAAP free cash flow was $(20.1) million.
- Balance sheet: Cash, cash equivalents, restricted cash, and marketable securities increased to $1.9 billion as of April 30, 2021.
Recent Business Highlights
- UiPath completed its initial public offering (IPO): The offering consisted of 27,474,393 shares of its Class A common stock at a price to the public of $56.00 per share, which consisted of 13,000,000 shares issued and sold by UiPath and 14,474,393 shares sold by the selling stockholders. Net proceeds from the IPO totaled $692.4 million, and UiPath did not receive any proceeds from the shares sold by the selling stockholders. UiPath is listed on the NYSE under the ticker symbol “PATH”.
- Released UiPath Platform 21.4: As previously announced, highlights of this platform release include three new products and over 100 major customer driven new features and deeper integrations across every pillar of our end-to-end platform. Innovations include the all-new Automation Ops, designed to help customers manage and govern high scale deployments of the UiPath Studio family of products and Attended Robots enterprise-wide. New AI-powered capabilities were also introduced to speed the discovery and prioritization of processes to automate, led by the general availability of Task Mining. Other upgrades included a seamless user experience across the platform and the continued rapid expansion of Automation Cloud™. We have over 5,000 customers and partners registered for our 21.4 Release Show and 15,000 developers are expected to join UiPath DevCon next week.
- Acquired Cloud Elements to bring together Ui Automation and Computer Vision with API Management: With the March 2021 acquisition of Cloud Elements, a pioneering API integration platform, UiPath will be able to offer both enterprise-grade user interface (UI) and application programming interface (API) based automation capabilities in a single platform. This means that UiPath customers now have the flexibility to automate processes using an optimal mix of UI and API-based automation.
- Expanded technology partnership: UiPath and Tableau launched a Tableau Activity which allows customers to easily utilize data produced or retrieved by robotic automations in their Tableau reports and the UiPath extension for Tableau which triggers a robot directly from a Tableau report or dashboard.
- Recognized as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Robotic Process Automation, Q1 2021: Among the 14 vendors evaluated, UiPath earned the highest ranking in each of three categories: Current Offering, Strategy, and Market Presence. The Company also received the highest possible scores in the criteria of product vision; performance; supporting products and services; partner ecosystem; delivery model; enterprise RPA customers; enterprise customers; and product revenue.
- Delivered COVID-19 Aid: Supported Oxygen for India with a contribution of over $1 million in corporate and employee donations to send and distribute oxygen supplies throughout the country.
- Appointed new Chief People Officer and first Chief Culture Officer: UiPath appointed Bettina Koblick, most recently Chief People Officer (CPO) at ServiceMax, as its Chief People Officer, and Andreea Baciu, interim UiPath CPO, as UiPath’s first Chief Culture Officer. Both appointees bring significant experience from software companies of varied scale and stage.
- Expanded mission to democratize automation and drive diversity in the technology industry: The UiPath Academic Alliance partnered with seven Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) to train students on RPA. These partnerships with HBCUs are intended to bring workforce development opportunities, along with the skills, training, and knowledge to not only thrive in digitally-led work environments, but to also shape them. To date, UiPath Academic Alliance has partnered with more than 750 academic institutions globally.
For the fiscal second quarter 2022, UiPath expects:
- ARR in the range of $702 million and $704 million
- Revenue in the range of $180 million and $185 million
- Non-GAAP operating loss in the range of $(35) million and $(25) million
For the fiscal full year 2022, UiPath expects:
- ARR in the range of $850 million and $855 million